Canon cameras come with a mirror that can be easily dusty and dirty. To clean it, follow these steps:
– Wet a soft cloth with water and wring out the excess.
– Gently wipe the mirror clean with the cloth.
– Use a soft, dry cloth to remove any excess water.
– Allow the mirror to dry completely before storing.
HOW TO PRO TIP: Cleaning your DSLR MIRROR *Caution!
Dusting the Mirror
Assuming you have the correct equipment, the first step is to remove the mirror cover. This can be done by unscrewing the four screws located at the back, or by gently prying it off with a fingers.
Once the mirror cover is off, you will need to remove the dusting cloth and the cleaning pen. The dusting cloth should be inserted into the dusting port on the front of the mirror and the cleaning pen should be used to wipe the mirror clean.
Be sure to use a light touch when cleaning the mirror, as too much force could damage the mirror. After cleaning the mirror, reattach the mirror cover and screw it back in place.
Cleaning with a Blower
- In order to clean the mirror, a blower is required.
2. Remove the battery cover.
3. Remove the mirror by pressing down on one end and pulling it away from the camera body.
4. Spray the mirror with isopropyl alcohol.
5. Use a blower to clean the mirror.
6. Replace the mirror and battery cover.
Cleaning with a Lens Pen
So you’ve got your camera and a lens pen. You’re ready to start cleaning your Canon mirror!
The first thing you need to do is take off your camera’s lens. This can be done in a few different ways. If your lens has a screw on cap, unscrew it. If your lens doesn’t have a cap, there may be a small plastic tab at the front that you can gently remove with a fingernail. Once your lens is off, you can start cleaning.
To clean the mirror, first you’ll need to remove any dust or dirt that’s on it. This can be done by using the lens pen to lightly brush it off. If there’s a lot of dirt or dust on the mirror, you may need to use a microfiber cloth to get it off. Once the dirt or dust is off, you can clean the mirror using a lens cleaner. Make sure the lens cleaner is safe for your lens and the mirror, and apply it to the mirror using the lens pen. Be sure to hold the mirror still while the cleaner is working so it doesn’t move. Once the cleaner is applied, use a dry lens cloth to wipe it off.
That’s it! Cleaning the mirror with a lens pen is quick and easy, and it will keep your camera’s mirror looking like new.
Cleaning with a Soft Cloth
The mirror on your Canon camera is a delicate piece of glass that needs to be treated with care. Here’s how to clean it with a soft cloth:
1. Start by removing the battery and memory card from your camera.
2. Open the camera’s back cover and remove the mirror cap.
3. Use a soft, lint-free cloth to wipe the mirror clean. Make sure to clean the inside and outside of the mirror.
4. Replace the mirror cap and battery and memory card.
5. Close the back cover and turn on your camera. You’re ready to shoot!
Cleaning with a Mirror Cleaner
- Remove any debris or dust that may be on the mirror or glass.
2. Wet a soft cloth with some window cleaner or glass cleaner and wring it out.
3. Apply the cloth to the mirror, using circular, back-and-forth, and up-and-down motions.
4. Wipe the mirror clean with a dry cloth.
After taking pictures and videos with your Canon camera, it’s important to clean the mirror so the photos and videos look their best. Here’s how to clean the mirror:
1. Turn off your camera and unplug the power cord.
2. Gently pull the mirror out of the camera body.
3. Wipe the mirror clean with a soft, dry cloth.
4. Reinstall the mirror in the camera body, making sure it is secure.
5. Plug in the power cord and turn on your camera.