If you own a Nikon D810 camera, then you may need to update the firmware on it. This is because a new firmware update is available that improves performance and features.
Nikon Firmware Update D810
Updating your Nikon D0 firmware
If you own a Nikon D810, then you are undoubtedly familiar with its considerable features and capabilities. In addition to its high-resolution camera sensor, the Nikon D810 also features an impressive autofocus system that can lock onto subjects quickly and accurately.
Given its popularity, it is important to keep your Nikon D810 up to date with the latest firmware updates. Updating your firmware can improve your camera’s performance, fix issues, and add new features.
Here we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to update your Nikon D810 firmware.
First, make sure you have the latest software and firmware for your camera. You can find the latest firmware updates for your Nikon D810 on the official Nikon website.
Once you have downloaded the firmware update, you will need to connect your camera to your computer. Make sure your camera is turned off and unplugged from the charger.
Next, open the firmware update file and extract the contents to a temporary folder on your computer.
Next, open the extracted folder and launch the Nikon D810 firmware update executable.
On-screen instructions will appear, which you should follow carefully. First, make sure your camera is properly connected to your computer. Next, make sure your camera’s memory card is properly formatted and ready to use. Finally, make sure your camera is turned off and unplugged from the charger.
Step Check your current firmware version
The Nikon D810 has a built-in firmware update utility that allows you to check your current firmware version. The firmware update utility is accessible via the Setup Menu.
To check your firmware version:
1. Access the Setup Menu on your Nikon D810.
2. Select the Firmware Update Utility item.
3. The firmware update utility will display your current firmware version.
Step Download the firmware update
The Nikon D810 firmware update is a small file that you can download from the Nikon website.
1. Go to the Nikon website and download the firmware update.
2. Extract the firmware update file.
3. Go to your computer’s file system and copy the firmware update file to a safe location.
4. Turn on your camera and connect it to your computer.
5. Click the file name in the firmware update folder on your computer to open it.
6. Click the “Update” button to download and install the firmware update.
Step Connect your camera to the computer
First make sure that the camera is properly connected to the computer. If the camera is not properly connected, the computer will not be able to control the camera. Make sure that the camera is turned on and that the battery is fully charged.
Next, open the Nikon Digital Camera software and click on “Update Camera Software.”
The camera will now start the update process. The update process can take a few minutes, so please be patient.
Once the update is complete, the camera will restart and will be ready to use.
Step Copy the firmware file to the memory card
First, you will need to copy the firmware file to the memory card. To do this, connect the memory card to the computer and open the file that you copied to the memory card.
Step Insert the memory card into the camera
Press the MENU button
Select [System Settings]
Select [Firmware Update]
Select the firmware file you want to download
Press the [Start] button to begin the firmware update process
Wait until the firmware update is complete
Remove the memory card from the camera
Enjoy your new firmware update!
Step Update the firmware
- Download the firmware update file from the Nikon website.
- Extract the firmware file to a temporary location.
- Double-click on the firmware file to launch the firmware update tool.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware.
- Once the firmware update is complete, close the firmware update tool.
- Reboot the camera.
- Check the firmware version using the camera’s main menu.
- If the firmware is not updated, update the firmware using the firmware update tool.
Updating the Nikon D810 firmware is a great way to keep your camera up-to-date and secure. By downloading the latest firmware, you can ensure that your camera is running the latest security patches and features.