Canon cameras come with a variety of features that allow you to capture stunning video footage. This guide will teach you how to use a few of the more common features to create professional-quality videos.
Canon REBEL Camera Tutorial for Video | EOS T7 T6 T5 SL2 T3i etc…
- Remove the lens and battery from the camera.
- In the camera’s settings, find “Video” and select it.
- In the video settings, find “Record mode” and select it.
- Find the “ AV Out” connector on the camera and connect it to the video input on the computer.
- In the computer, open the video editing software (Microsoft Windows Media Player, Adobe Premiere, etc.).
- Click the “File” menu and select “Import”.
- In the “Import” window, locate and select the canon video file you want to import.
- Click the “Open” button.
- In the video window, click the “Play” button to start the video.
10. Click the “Settings” button and change the video resolution, bitrate, and other settings as desired.
11. Click the “OK” button to save the changes and exit the video editing software.
12. Connect the camera to the power source and press the power button to turn it on.
13. Press the “Record” button to start recording.
14. When you are finished recording, press the “Stop” button.
15. Disconnect the camera from the power source and the computer.
16. Remove the memory card
Step One: Choose your recording mode
There are two main types of video recording modes on a canon camera: ‘Video Mode’ and ‘Photo Mode’.
Video Mode is the main mode you’ll use to record video. In this mode, the canon camera will record video in high definition (HD) resolution.
Photo Mode, on the other hand, is used to take pictures. In this mode, the canon camera will output video and pictures at the same time.
Step Two Choose your video quality
There are three main quality levels for video recordings on a canon camera: Standard, High Definition (HD) and Ultra High Definition (UHD).
Standard is the lowest quality level and will result in a video file that’s approximately half the size of a High Definition (HD) recording.
High Definition (HD) is the next quality level and will result in a video file that’s approximately twice the size of a Standard recording.
Ultra High Definition (UHD) is the highest quality level and will result in a video file that’s approximately 4 times the size of a Standard recording.
Step Three Choose your shooting mode
There are three main shooting modes for video recordings on a canon camera: ‘Auto’, ‘Single Shot’ and ‘Continuous Shot’.
Auto is the default shooting mode and will automatically take a video whenever you press the shutter button.
Single Shot will let you
Step Two: Set your image quality
The image quality you choose will largely depend on the type of video you’re trying to record. If you’re just trying to capture a quick video for your own use, you can usually get away with a lower resolution. However, if you’re looking to produce a professional-grade video, you’ll need to choose a higher resolution.
When it comes to image quality, the canon EOS Rebel T6i is a great option. It has a resolution of 14 megapixels, which means that it can capture high-quality videos with plenty of detail. If you’re looking to produce videos that are A/B comparison worthy, or that will be used in a presentation or online course, a higher resolution will be essential.
Another factor to consider when choosing image quality is the frame rate. A higher frame rate will give your videos a smoother, more cinematic feel. However, it will also use more storage space. If you don’t have a lot of storage space available, you can usually get away with a lower frame rate.
If you’re just starting out, it’s worth considering a lower resolution and a lower frame rate. As you improve your skills, you can upgrade to a higher resolution and a higher frame rate.
Step Three: Choose your recording location
Select the best possible recording location for your video. Often, the best location for filming a video is in a well-lit room. If possible, try to avoid filming in a dark or dimly lit area. This will make it easier to see the details on your subject’s face.
If you’re filming a video of someone else, be sure to ask their permission before filming. Many people enjoy having their video filmed, but some may not want their image used for commercial purposes.
Finally, be sure to choose a place where you won’t be disturbed while filming. If you’re filming a video of your child, for example, be sure to choose a place where they won’t be able to wander off.
Step Four: Set your camera on a tripod
You will need to set your camera on a tripod in order to get a clear and stable video. A tripod will help to keep the camera steady and prevent it from moving which will result in a better quality video.
Step Five: Start recording
To start recording, first press the button to activate the camera’s autofocus system. This will help you keep your subject in focus while you record. Next, set the mode dial to Auto or Manual (depending on your preference).
To manually control the camera’s exposure, use the dial on the back. To focus the camera, use the autofocus system or the touch screen. When you’re done recording, press the button to stop the video.
- Always use a stable tripod to keep your footage steady.
- Use a wide-angle lens to captured more of the scene.
- Use a neutral density filter to reduce the brightness of the scene.
- Boost the contrast to add depth and definition to your footage.
- Use a camera remote to help you control the footage while you’re recording.
- Use a freeze frame button to capture a still image of the scene just before you press the record button.
- Use the time-lapse feature to speed up the footage and create a slow motion effect.
- Use the self-timer to take your footage without having to hold the camera still.
- Use the flip feature to change the camera’s angle of view.
If you’re looking to start recording video on your Canon camera, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, make sure your camera is properly set up for video recording. This usually involves setting the camera to Movie mode and selecting the appropriate recording resolution.
Second, make sure your camera has a video lens attached. Many Canon cameras include a video lens that can be used to capture high quality video.
Third, make sure your camera’s video settings are properly configured. This includes setting the frame rate and resolution.
Finally, make sure to use a good video editing software program to edit and export your videos. This will give you the ability to create high quality videos that will look great on