If you have photos taken with a Canon camera, you may want to get them off of the camera before you dispose of it. There are a few different methods you can use to get photos off of a Canon camera.
The Quickest Way to Transfer Pics and Video from Camera to Computer
How to Import Images from a Canon Camera to a Computer
Assuming your camera is connected to your computer via USB cable, follow these steps to import photos from your Canon camera to your computer:
1. Open the Canon Camera Application.
2. Select the photos you want to import.
3. Click the Import Photos button.
4. The photos will be imported to your computer and displayed in the Canon Camera Application.
5. To copy the photos to a physical disk or to export them to a photo sharing service, click the Export Photos button.
Connecting Your Canon Camera to the Computer
- If you have a Canon Rebel T6/T6i/T7i/T7i+/T6s/T6i (Rebel XS/XSi/EOS Rebel T6/T6i/T7i/T7i+) camera, turn off the camera and then remove the memory card.
2. Connect the camera to your computer using the USB cable that came with the camera.
3. Turn on the camera and wait until the computer recognizes the camera.
4. If the camera is not recognized by the computer, install the Canon camera driver.
5. Open the Canon Camera folder on your computer.
6. Double-click on the Pictures folder.
7. Double-click on the photos you want to transfer.
8. Click on the Export button.
9. In the Export dialog box, click on the Format tab.
10. In the Format dialog box, click on the File name box and enter a name for the exported file.
11. In the File size box, enter the size of the file you want to export.
12. In the Quality box, enter the quality of the file you want to export.
13. In the File type box, click on the Export button.
14. The exported file will be saved in the folder you selected in the Export dialog box.
Using the Canon EOS Utility Software
- Open the Canon EOS Utility Software.
2. Click on the “Photo” tab.
3. Select the photos you want to remove from the camera.
4. Click on the “Delete” button.
5. Confirm your deletion by clicking on the “Yes” button.
Using a Memory Card Reader
If you have a memory card reader, then you can easily take photos off of your camera. This is a great option if you don’t have an extra battery or don’t want to lug around your extra camera. To use a memory card reader, plug the reader into your computer. Then, plug your camera into the reader. The computer will recognize the camera and will display the photos on the screen. You can then save the photos to your computer or delete them.
Troubleshooting Tips for Importing Images
If you are having trouble importing photos from your Canon Camera, follow these troubleshooting tips:
Make sure that you have the correct software:
If you are using a Canon Camera that uses the Canon Digital ELPH software, make sure that you are using the latest version of the software. If you are using a Canon Camera that uses the Canon EOS Digital Rebel software, make sure that you are using the latest version of the software.
If you are using a computer that is not connected to the internet, make sure that the Canon Camera is set to download photos automatically.
Ensure that your photos are formatted correctly:
Some photos may not be imported correctly if they are not formatted in the correct way. For example, if your photos are in RAW format, they must be converted to JPEG before they can be imported.
Ensure that your photos are stored in the correct folder:
Photos must be stored in the correct folder in order for the Canon Camera to be able to import them. For example, photos that are stored in the “My Pictures” folder on a computer may not be imported properly.
Ensure that the Canon Camera is connected to the computer:
If the Canon Camera is not connected to the computer, the photos will not be imported.
If you have photos on your Canon camera that you want to get rid of, there are a few different ways to go about it. You can erase them with the erase function on the camera, or you can export them to a file and then delete them from your camera.