Canon cameras come with a cable to connect them to your Macbook Pro. However, this cable can be cumbersome to use and can be difficult to locate when you need to use it.
If you want to connect your Canon camera to your Macbook Pro wirelessly, there are a few options available to you. One option is to use a wireless transfer protocol like Bluetooth. However, this can be slow and difficult to set up.
Another option is to use a dongle. A dongle is a small, USB-sized device that connects your Canon camera to your Macbook Pro wirelessly. However, dongles can be expensive and they can be difficult to find.
How to Wirelessly connect a Canon camera to a Mac
Download the Canon Camera Connect app
Assuming you have a Canon EOS Rebel T6i or T6s digital SLR camera, and a Macbook Pro computer, the first step is to download the Canon Camera Connect app. The app is available for free from the App Store.
Once the app is installed, connect your camera to your Macbook Pro using the supplied USB cable. The Canon Camera Connect app will then show a list of available cameras. Select your camera from the list, and the app will guide you through the setup process.
Make sure that your camera is turned on, and that the Canon EOS Rebel T6i or T6s is properly charged. Once your camera is connected, the Canon Camera Connect app will show you a list of available photo modes. Select the mode that you want to use, and the app will start snapping photos.
The Canon Camera Connect app is a great way to keep your photos safe, and to share them with friends and family. It’s also a great way to keep track of your photos, and to experiment with new photo editing techniques.
Open the app and connect your Canon camera to your Macbook Pro
- Open the Canon Camera app on your Macbook Pro.
2. Click on the ‘Wi-Fi’ icon in the top left corner of the app.
3. Click on the ‘Connect’ button next to the camera you wish to connect to your Macbook Pro.
4. Enter the security code that is displayed on your camera.
5. Click on the ‘Connect’ button to complete the connection.
6. You will now be able to view images and videos taken with your camera on your Macbook Pro.
Select the images you want to transfer
First, connect your Canon camera to your Macbook Pro with the provided USB cable.
Next, open the Canon Camera app on your Mac and select the images you want to transfer.
Finally, select the transfer option from the menu bar and follow the on-screen instructions.
Transfer the images wirelessly
Setting up a wireless connection between your Canon camera and MacBook Pro is straightforward.
1) Check to see if your Canon camera and MacBook Pro have wireless built in capabilities. If not, you will need to purchase a wireless adapter.
2) Install the Canon Camera Connect app on your Mac.
3) Turn on your Canon camera and MacBook Pro and connect to the network.
4) Launch the Canon Camera Connect app and select your Canon camera from the list of devices.
5) Click on thesettings icon and select Transfer Images.
6) Click on thebutton next to your Photos library.
7) Click on thebutton next to thephotos you want to transfer.
8) Click on thebutton to start the transfer.
9) When the transfer is complete, click on thebutton to close the Canon Camera Connect app.
Enjoy your photos on your Macbook Pro!
Canon printers have a built-in wireless connection that allows you to easily print photos from your Canon camera.
1. On your Canon camera, open the Print Settings dialog box.
- In the Print Settings dialog box, select the Connect to a Computer check box.
- In the Connect to a Computer dialog box that appears, select the Macbook Pro in the list of computers.
- In the Canon Camera Connect to Macbook Pro dialog box that appears, enter the network password for your Macbook Pro.
- Click the Print button.
- The prints will be sent to your Macbook Pro.
Canon camera can be connected wirelessly to MacBook Pro. The Canon EOS Rebel T6i/T6s/T6iS Digital SLR Camera Kit includes an NFC-enabled Canon Wireless File Transmitter and Receiver. The Canon Wireless File Transmitter connects to the camera’s terminal block and the Canon Wireless File Receiver connects to the computer. The Canon EOS Rebel T6i/T6s/T6iS Digital SLR Camera Kit is available at Amazon.